These days Corona has changed our way of life! That doesn’t mean we can’t meetup with people from different countries.
GSM has prepared online meetups for you to connect with other language learners.
We have language exchanges through out the week.
Please view the meetups by languages, schedule and hosts.
For language exchange, everyone is welcome.
Because we need to match people according to languages and language levels,
you must register with your native language, target language and level, and your gender.
This is for basic filtering so we can provide everyone with the best possible experience.
Start: Guests enter, chat, introductions
5 minutes: first table rotation
25 minutes: Second table rotation
45 minutes: Last table rotation
60 minutes: Say goodbye!
Wherever you are comfortable! It’s online.
You’ll receive a zoom link and password upon purchase.
Please make sure you’re in a quiet space where you can focus on the online meetup.
How can I reserve my spot?
1. Reserve on hilokal.com
2. Receive a notification (phone, email, kakaotalk) after reserving.
3. Connect to zoom 10 minutes before the event starts.
4. Enter the zoom link you’ve received.
5. Enjoy the hour long meetup.
What are online meetups like?
Please observe online etiquette~
Arrive on time.
Adjust your sound settings so they are not disruptive.
Make sure you have a solid internet connection.
Turn on your video and focus on the meetup.
Don’t talk over one another.
Observe the host’s rules.
What’s good about online meetups?
1. Good to prevent corona
2. Can save travel time
3. Diverse concepts are within reach (Native speakers, wine, learn new things)
4. People are from all over the world. *(my favourite one!)
5. You can always meet people offline who you met in the offline meetup.
Let’s enjoy online meetups together :D
How to use zoom:
- Open zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/join
- Signin or enter the link that you received from us.
- Start meeting
About your Host
Hello! I'm David and I'll be your host :) I speak English and I'm upper intermediate in Korean. I like to create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to make mistakes and enjoy themselves. I love talking about travel, technology and psychology. I like heavy topics and also sometimes just being silly. Looking forward to meeting you!